10.14.2010

Reepicheep Revisited

One of my favorite series of books is the Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis. My favorite book from the series is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, probably because it showcases my favorite character from all literature: Reepicheep, the mouse. It inspired this painting when I was in college:

(Prints available HERE.)

Anyway, as you can see, I'm a big fan. I won't tell you why - you need to read the books!
Read the whole series though so you know what's going on - you'll love them!

Well, when I started creating little needle felted animals, I knew that Reepicheep needed to be on the list, right after Harvey.... So here he is, in all his rodent glory....

ON GUARD!


...complete with sword, sheath, and feathered headband...



Did I mention I'm addicted to this whole felting thing?

I will be listing some items like this in my Etsy shop very soon...

Meanwhile, if you're interested in commissioning a needle felted sculpture of a special pet (or character) in your life,
please e-mail me!

Hope you're having a lovely week!
Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for all of your kind comments on my last few posts -
I love hearing from you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment - I love to hear from you.

Nota bene: Comments are moderated and may take a while to appear. You are welcome to disagree with me, but I do ask that you keep this forum friendly and respectful. Comments containing foul or offensive language, personal attacks, or links to other websites will not be published. Thanks.